Job Category: Associate Remote Sensing Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hyderabad
Number of Position: 1
- Apply remote sensing and GIS principles and methods to analyse data for agriculture related solutions. May need to develop new analytical techniques, algorithms, and remote sensing-based products. To work with other teams on building crop specific analytics pertaining to credit, insurance, and extension activities.
Key Accountabilities and Deliverables
- Design or implement strategies for analysis and display of geographic data using GIS.
- To classify crop types using remote sensing satellite imagery at plot level.
- To be able to correlate the yield statistics and general performance of the crop in the field, including damage assessment using remote sensing.
- To identify the crop stages of different crops using optical remote sensing and SAR remote sensing.
- Understanding and analysis of time series data from sensors.
- Develop or build databases for remote sensing or related geospatial projects.
- Implementation of remote sensing/GISprocess using Python and related API’s.
- Create algorithms to solve challenging machine learning problems.
- Prepare scientific or technical reports or presentations related to remote sensing and geospatial applications in agriculture.
- Masters in Remote Sensing&GIS
- Ph.D. in Remote Sensing is desired but not mandatory
- Between 3-7 years of experience
- Should have worked on multiple projects that clearly demonstrate and understanding of using remotely sensed data for agriculture.
- Experience in Land Use classification, crop identification, crop health monitoring and crop yield estimation.
- Experience in applying such data to credit will be an advantage.
- Multi-spectral (MS) and SAR data usage experience
- Experience in agriculture, drought/flood, and meteorology applications
- Expertise on Pandas, geo pandas, Scikit-learn, tensorflow, keras, gdal, Matplotlib, and SciPy Python packages
- GIS and remote sensing related software, like QGIS, SNAP, and any other open-source software
- Excellent programming skills in python
- Fundamentals of machine learning and deep learning
- Commonly used machine learning algorithms
- Strong communication skills
- Creative and Strategical Thinking
- Logical thinking with the ability to conceptualize scale in analytics
- Analytical skills
- Relationship building and management
- Team building and management skills
- Writing skills for creating appropriate documents
- Head of Data Science
- Peers within the Dvara E-Registry – Product and Sales, Technology, R&D, and Agronomist
- External customers